Thursday, March 21, 2019

#ADOS No.13 - Regarding Boomer Bashing


Lately - there has been quite a bit of "Boomer Bashing" from younger #ADOS supporters on Twitter and other social media platforms. Totally understandable - but just slightly mistaken. Boomers are typically the "face" of Pan-Africanism and #ADOS obstructionism. Actually - that obstructionism emanates from a small group of Pan-African infactuationists and first and second generation immigrant offspring that (mostly) have angelicized names - that HAPPEN to be Boomers. They are not the Boomer in the street. I have mostly ignored it. But a fellow #ADOS Boomer was quite upset - and he strongly communicated his concern. I sent Ms. Yvette Carnell an e-mail expressing my concern about this trend. #ADOS is about one's philosophy and being ON CODE - not what year you were born. We both fit that criteria. 

My friend is an #ADOS soldier.

I am 63 - my buddy is 64. And we both will be in Louisville.  


3-21-2019 - E-mail to Yvette Carnell

"Boomer Bashing"

I do wish that #ADOS will let up on the Boomer bashing. There are thousands of us Boomers that are solidly with #ADOS and are willing to put in the work to make Reparations happen. I do understand that the general "face" of Pan-Africanism are Baby Boomers. But that oppositional face is just a small percentage of Boomers - that is not the Boomer in the street. The Boomer in the street supports #ADOS (at least in Chicago).

You guys know what you are doing - and I respect, support, and am ready to work with you. I attended two N'COBRA meetings years ago. Was unimpressed because all I saw was resolutions to do more resolutions. No plans for any kind of ground games or marketing. The ideas were limited to a small number of Pan-African enthusiasts and scholars impressing each other with scholarship and historical findings - but no plans to get policy made and results done.

Please don't put all Boomers into the same ignorant boat as the educated obstructionists. The many Boomers that understand are with you - and ready to work. No man can control what year they were born.

Will see you in Louisville.

Arthur Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment